The Healthy Lifestyles program provides family-centered education and tools that connect them with schools and advocate for healthy changes in nutrition and physical activity. In a healthy school:
- All foods, beverages and snacks sold or served meet National School Nutrition Standards.
- All students have opportunities to be physically active on a regular basis.
- All students have access to regular physical education.
- District-wide wellness policies are developed, implemented and evaluated with input from students, parents, staff and interested community members.
What your PTA Can Do -
- Support Healthy School Meal-
- Increase physical activity and physical education
- Establish School Wellness Policies
- Model positive health behaviors
Safety is a crucial component of effective learning and a key concern for all parents. Today’s students are exposed to dangers at home and online. They also face a variety of risks, including bullying, unintentional injuries and violence.
These risks can be mitigated when parents, teaches and caregivers:
- Model responsible behavior
- Talk to their students
- Teach students to make wise choices
- Advocate for environmental and policy changes that will keep kids safer